What's in the draft plan?
After consulting with the community in June we have come up with a list of recommendations for the reserve:
North western reserve entry:
- Enhance linkage between Plenty Parkland Primary School and the reserve
- Establish a more welcoming entrance by providing signage, feature paving, seating and landscaping
- Improve visibility into the reserve by thinning out overgrown understorey vegetation.
Playspace and picnic area:
- Relocate the existing playspace close to Blossom Park Drive
- Increase playground size to attract greater diversity in play and provide a new sheltered picnic area with accessible picnic setting, accessible barbecue, drink fountain and litter bin
- Existing fitness station to be relocated next to the playspace.
- Retain existing grassed embankment function as spectator area and a place for children to play.
Secondary picnic area:
- Provide secondary picnic facilities located in close proximity to the sports pavilion, reserve entrance and car park.
- New multi-play court with a basketball linemarking and ring, ping pong table and seating area.
Expand the carpark:
- Upgrade the carpark to include additional car spaces by utilising vacant land to the south of the car park.
- Existing pavilion to be replaced with a new multi-purposed pavilion and a covered spectator area with public toilets.
- Upgrade existing sports lighting to 100LUX LED
- Incorporate new ball protection fencing within the oval fence line at southern end of the oval.
- Retain existing cricket nets and provide additional tree planting behind the nets to provide shade.
Neighbouring property boundary:
- Plant additional trees and shrub to provide sufficient buffer for residents.
- Existing granitic sand pathways to be demolished and removed and construct 2.5m wide concrete pathways around the reserve.
South eastern grassed embankment:
- Retain existing garden bed and trees and provide additional trees to be planted to strengthen ecological and biodiversity links to surrounding areas.
How can I have my say?
You can provide your feedback on the recommendations by:
Phone: 9401 0587 and have a chat with one of our friendly staff from the Parks and Urban Design department.
If you need assistance in providing feedback contact us on the number above.