On behalf of the City of Whittlesea, MACA Infrastructure are undertaking road works to convert the existing roundabout at Findon Road, The Lakes Boulevard and Ferres Boulevard into a traffic light intersection.
The works will includes:
- Removing the existing Roundabout at Ferres Boulevard / The Lakes Boulevard / Findon Road intersection
- Traffic signal upgrade, street lighting works and all other works to convert the existing roundabout at Findon Road intersection into a fully signalised intersection
- Widening the approaches on Findon Road, Ferres Boulevard and The Lakes Boulevard intersection
- Installation of on-road bicycle lanes.
Works are set to begin in April 2019.
The majority of works will be undertaken Monday to Saturday during 7am to 6pm.
Impacts during this period will include minor disruptions to traffic, including reduced speed limits.
The signalised intersection upgrade is a $12 million-dollar program to improve traffic flow through the 'gateway' of South Morang.
- April 2019 - construction to begin
- Early 2020 - construction expected to be completed.