We're upgrading the streetscape at Lalor Shopping Centre. The improvements will be located along Station Street, May Road and David Street.
Here's what you can expect along Station Street:
- Removal of dying trees
- Planting of new semi-advanced trees (replacement Ash Trees)
- Installation of two new, safer crossings over Station Street
- New lawn and garden beds
- New bus stop and street furnishings
- Replacement of the central median pathway and pedestrian links.
Here's what you can expect along May Road:
- Installation of a safer crossing, connecting Peter Lalor Walk (Coles) and the Lalor Library
- Installation of social space and seating in the median between Coles and the Lalor Library
- Planting of new trees
- Upgrading Cypress Street parking area
- Installation of two additional safer crossings over May Road, parallel to Cyprus Street and Messmate street.
Here's what you can expect along David Street:
- The creation of an inviting and open social space
- New garden beds and tree planting
- Installation of a new public toilet
- New seating and footpaths
- New vehicular turning radius to David Street end of May Road
- Upgrade of roundabout and new right hand turning lane in May Road.
Construction will be undertaken in stages to minimise disruptions.
- Stage 1a – Corner of Station and Messmate Street (Completed late 2018)
- Stage 1b – Station Street (Construction started in early 2019)
- Stage 2 – May Road (Construction planned to start late 2019)
- Stage 3 – David Street (Construction planned to start late 2020).