Once the improvements are complete you can enjoy:
- Safer crossing on side streets
- Improved footpaths and paving
- New public spaces for seating and socialising
- More greenery and landscaping
- Lighting at key places
- Upgrades to drainage and power.
Here's what we've already completed along High Street:
- New public forecourt at entrance to Thomastown Primary School, which includes a new entry to the school, lights, seats and landscaping
- Re-planting at the Spring Street car park
- Replacement of paving and drainage between Spring Street and Highlands Road
- New planting and street furniture including seating
- Toilet block at Central Avenue.
- New signalised pedestrian crossing off High Street at the Central Ave end of the shops
- New pedestrian crossings at Pleasant Rd, Central Ave and Highlands Rd
- Replacement of paving and drainage along High Street
- New landscaping and street furnishings (bike loops, bins, seats)
The Thomastown streetscape upgrades are delivered by the City of Whittlesea with the support of the Victorian Government.