In September 2018, we adopted a master plan for Whittlesea Public Gardens which outlines a number of objectives and actions that will see Whittlesea Public Gardens upgraded and improved going into the future.
Key objectives of the master plan:
- Create an iconic regional park for the northern suburbs
- Support the existing local community use and improve access to the gardens
- Provide new open space facilities to cater for the expanding local community and to attract new visitors
- Improve public safety
- Upgrade and expand the existing playground, BBQ and picnic facilities
- Upgrade the existing toilet facility
- Upgrade the existing path network
- Renew existing planting
- Integrate future residential development to enhance the gardens environment.
Council is currently working on an action plan to phase the works proposed as part of the master plan.
You can download a copy of the master plan below.