The State Government has announced change of restrictions to Victoria's latest lockdown effective from 11:59pm Friday, the 17th September.
For Metropolitan Melbourne, this means there are six reasons to leave home:
- Shopping for food and supplies
- Authorized work or permitted education
- Care and caregiving
- Exercise for up to 4 hours and with 1 other person (within 10km from home)
- To get vaccinated or tested
- outdoor social interaction (conditions apply)
Other restrictions are as follows:
Visitors to home are not permitted.
10km travel limit applies from place of primary residence.
Schools will continue remote learning
Masks must be worn indoors and outdoors
Public gatherings permitted for personal training (for up to 2 people plus the trainer), social interaction (for up to 2 people from separate household) and for five people from two households if people aged 18 and over are fully vaccinated.
No private gatherings allowed
Playgrounds are open for children under 12, with one parent or carer.
Outdoor skateparks and outdoor gym equipment is open now.
Cafes and restaurants can open for takeaway only.
Schools, Childcare and Early Childhood Care are closed except to children of authorised workers.
Read the Premier's statement.
Read Victoria's roadmap: Delivering the national plan
The following exposure sites have been identified in the City of Whittlesea Council area
Tier 1 exposure site:
- Epping: Goodstart Early Learning Epping Pacific Epping, 571-583 High Street 3076. Exposure period: 09/09/2021 7:00am - 4:00pm, 06/09/2021 - 08/09/21 and 10/09/21 7:30am - 4:00pm.
- Mernda: Mernda YMCA Early Learning Centre 2 Goulburn Street 3754. Exposure period: 13/09/2021 6:30am - 3:30pm
- Thomastown: Thomastown West Primary School 98-112 Main Street 3074. Exposure period: 13/09/2021 8:45am - 4:00pm
- Mill Park: Mill Park Superclinic 250 Childs Road 3082. Exposure period: 06/09/2021 6:00pm - 7:30pm
- South Morang: Magnum Support Services, Suite 22, Level 1 797 Plenty Road 3752. Exposure period: 06/09/2021 10:00am - 6:00pm
- South Morang: Little Learners Early Education & Kindergarten, 205 Gordons Road 3752. Exposure period: 02/09/21, 03/09/21, 06/09/21 10:00am - 10:45am, 4:00pm - 4:45pm, and 07/09/2021 - 08/09/2021 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Mill Park: Optus - Westfield Plenty Valley 415 McDonalds Road 3082. Exposure period: 05/09/2021 10:00am - 5:30pm
- Mernda: 601 Bridge Inn Road Job Site Mernda, 3754. Exposure period: 1/09/21 7:00am 4:00pm
- South Morang: Central Fresh Market - Central South Morang Shopping Centre, 338-342 McDonalds Road 3752. Exposure period: 30/08/2021 - 31/08/21 7:00am - 6:30pm, 02/09/2021 - 04/09/21 7:00am - 6:30pm
- Epping: Northern Medicals, 65-66 Saxony Drive 3076. Exposure period: 26/08/21 4:50pm - 6:35pm
- Epping: Epping Plaza Medical and Dental Centre, Shop 216, 571-583 High Street 3076. Exposure period: 30/08/21 12:30pm 1:15pm
- Thomastown: KFC Thomastown, 27-33 Spencer Street 3074. Exposure period: 03/09/21 7:30pm - 12:30pm
Tier 2 exposure sites:
- Mill Park: Mill Park Primary School 2/10 Blamey Avenue 3082. Exposure period: 13/09/2021 - 14/09/2021 8:45am - 6:00pm, 15/09/2021 8:45am - 4:00pm, 16/09/2021 8:45am - 3:00pm
- Mill Park: 7-Eleven Mill Park 252 Childs Road & Morang Drive 3082. Exposure period: 08/09/2021 - 09/09/2021 7:00am - 4:24pm
- Lalor: High Street Collision Repair Centre 434/436 High Street 3075. Exposure period: 13/09/2021 - 16/09/2021 7:30am - 11:00am
- Epping: McDonald's Epping Corner High Street and Childs Road 3076. Exposure period: 14/09/2021 6:30am - 11:31am
- Wollert: Dental One Epping North 18 Matilda Avenue 3750. exposure period: 13/09/2021 11:54am - 1:45pm
- Thomastown: McDonald's Thomastown 30 Dalton Road 3074. Exposure period: 04/09/2021 3:00pm - 9:00pm,05/09/2021 3:30pm - 11:30pm, 06/09/2021 3:30pm - 8:30pm, 09/09/2021 3:00pm - 10:30pm, 10/09/2021 3:30pm - 9:00pm, 11/09/2021 2:30pm - 11:30pm, 12/09/2021 8:00am - 3:30pm
- Doreen: Care Dental Group,100 Hazel Glen Drive 3754. Exposure period: 07/09/2021 9:50am - 11:30am
- Mill Park: Coles - Westfield Plenty Valley Civic Drive 3082. Exposure period: 06/09/2021 8:30am - 5:00pm and 07/09/2021 7:00am - 3:00pm
- Epping: KFC 519 High Street 3076. Exposure period: 08/09/2021 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- South Morang: The Greenhouse - Axis Lifestyle Centre, 797 Plenty Road 3752. Exposure period: 06/09/2021 12:00pm - 8:45p, 07/09/2021 12:00pm - 6:15pm, 08/09/2021 12:00pm - 4:15pm, 09/09/2021 12:00pm - 5:45pm and 10/09/2021 12:00pm - 6:15pm.
- South Morang: ZAIT Bakery - Axis Lifestyle Centre 797 Plenty Road 3752. Exposure period: 05/09/2021 - 10/09/21 11:30am - 12:05pm
- South Morang: TerryWhite Chemmart 8 The Promenade 3752. Exposure period: 04/09/2021 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Mill Park: Chatime Plenty Valley Kiosk 03/415 McDonalds Road. Exposure period: 09/09/2021 12:00pm - 5:30pm
- Thomastown: Best Friends Pets Thomastown 36 Dalton Road 3074. Exposure period: 06/09/2021 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Epping: Henry's Cafeteria, Northern Hospital 185 Cooper Street 3076. Exposure period: 31/08/2021 12:40pm - 1:05pm 01/09/2021 8:00am - 8:30am, 2:30pm - 3:15pm and 02/09/2021 8:00am - 8:25am
- Mernda: Mernda Cafe Convenience, 1/40 Breadalbane Avenue 3754. Exposure period: 31/08/21 3:00pm - 7:30pm and 01/09/21 3:30pm - 8:00pm
- Epping: O'Herns Road Apartment Building, 210 O'Herns Road 3076. Exposure period: 28/08/21 - 07/09/21 12:00am - 11:59pm
- Thomastown: Australian Future Cabinets, 1/2 Clay Court, 3074. Exposure period: 01/09/21 8:00am - 4:30pm, 02/09/21 8:00am - 10:30pm and 03/09/21 10:00am - 1:30pm
- Epping: Aldi, Aurora Village,315A harvest home road 3076. Exposure period: 02/09/21 3:15pm - 4:15pm
- Epping: Coles Aurora Village, 315A harvest home road 3076. Exposure period: 31/08/21 1:45pm - 3:15pm
- Epping: Woolworths Pacific, 571 - 583 High Street 3076. Exposure period: 03/09/21 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Mernda: Theo's Fish and Chips, 2, 40 Breadalbane Avenue 3754. Exposure period: 31/08/21 3:00pm - 7:30pm, 01/09/21 3:30pm - 8:00pm, 02/09/21 9:30am - 10:40am
- Mernda: Mernda café Convenience, 1/40 Breadalbane Avenue 3754. Exposure period: 31/08/21 3:00pm - 7:30pm and 01/09/21 3:30pm - 8:00pm
- Bundoora: Apartment Complex, 21 Plenty Road 3083. Exposure period: 30/08/21 to 05/09/21 12:00am - 11:59pm
- Whittlesea: Royal Mail Hotel Whittlesea, 29 Beech Street 3757. Exposure period: 02/09/21 11:00am - 4:30pm and 31/08/21 11:00am - 8:30pm
- Thomastown: Future Cabinet, 1/2 Clay Court 3074. Exposure period: 01/09/21 8:00am - 5:30pm
- Thomastown: Bostik Australia, 51-71 High Street 3074. Exposure period: 30/08/21 2:00pm - 10:30pm and 31/08/21 12:30pm - 2:00pm
- Thomastown: BGS Mechanics, 14/11 Brand Drive 3075. Exposure period: 30/08/21 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Epping: Zaatar Plus, 41 Miller Street 3076. Exposure site: 31/08/21 10:30am -12:00pm
- Epping: Costco Wholesale Epping, 60 Deveny Road 3076. Exposure period: 28/08/21 11:00am - 12:30pm, 31/08/21 3:00pm - 4:30pm, 31/08/21 3:05 - 3:50, 3:10pm - 5:07pm and 2/09/21 4:00pm - 5:30pm
- Epping: ALDI Epping Plaza, 571- 583 High Street. Exposure period: 31/08/2021 3:35pm - 4:40pm
- Lalor: No1 Fruit Market, 37 May Road. Exposure period: 01/09/2021 12:10pm - 1:00pm
- Lalor: Troy & Twinnie Beverage Bar, 33 May Road. Exposure period: 01/09/2021 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Epping: Coffee Hit Epping Plaza, 571- 583 High Street. Exposure period: 01/09/2021 11:30am - 12:15pm
- Mill Park: The Sporting Globe Bar & Grill - Westfield Plenty Valley, 415 McDonalds Road 3082. Exposure period: 29/08/21 4:45pm - 7:40pm and 27/08/21 4:30pm - 8:10pm
Stay up to date at www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites
View the exposure sites map which is updated regularly by the Department of Health.
If you have any symptoms, please ensure you get tested. You can find details of the latest testing sites at www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/where-get-tested-covid-19
Stay up-to-date with travel restrictions online.
Local testing sites include:
- Mernda Station in Schotters Rd, Mernda from 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Northern Hospital at 187 Cooper Street, Epping from 9am to 5pm
- 4Ctye Pathology at 52 Childs Road, Epping, Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm, Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 5pm
- 4Cyte Pathology at 420 Grimshaw St, Bundoora, Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm, Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 5pm
- 4Cyte Pathology at 6 Main St, Thomastown, 8am to 5pm
- RMIT Bundoora East Campus car park, 264 Plenty Rd, Mill Park from 9am to 4pm
You can find other locations and wait times online.
Check where you can get vaccinated and wait times.
Council Offices, 35 Ferres Blvd, South Morang (follow the signs to the PRACC building). This is run by Northern Health.
- Open: 8.00am to 8.00pm
- Available for: Walk-ins and bookings for AstraZeneca and Pfizer. Visit the Northern Health website for up-to-date information.
- Book online: vaccination.nh.org.au
For more details, other vaccination centre locations, eligibility and bookings, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au/book-your-vaccine-appointment