- Whittlesea Community Activity Centre carpark, 57-61 Laurel St, Whittlesea
- Council's Resource Recovery Officer
- 9401 0579
The state-wide ban on e-waste going into landfill has arrived which means you can no longer put any item with a cord, plug or battery in the bin.
What WILL be accepted on the day:
- Any small household electrical or electronic items with a cord or battery, for example: computers, televisions, vacuum cleaners, printers, toasters, hair dryers, video and DVD players
- Hi-fi equipment
- Stereo equipment
- Digital and video cameras.
What will NOT be accepted on the day:
- Any whitegoods (refrigerators, freezers, dish washers, washing machines, clothes dryers and microwaves).
Drop whitegoods off to Wollert Landfill, 55 Bridge Inn Road, Wollert for free recycling.
Cameras, mobile phones, CDs, DVDs, fluorescent light globes, printer cartridges, X-rays, and small electrical appliances like IPods, electric toothbrushes and calculators (provided they fit into the slot) can be dropped at our Recycling Stations at Whittlesea Library.