The levy is a one-off payment that must be paid before a building permit can be issued, as specified in the Victorian Planning and Environment Act 1987 and the Building Act 1993.
Fees and exemptions
For some housing estates within growth areas, you do not need to pay the community infrastructure levy as the developer has paid this on your behalf or the property is in an exempted area.
The levy fee payable also varies for different areas.
To find out whether your estate requires payment and how much, check if your housing estate is listed below or type the street address into our interactive map.
All fees are affected by indexation and are subject to change.
How to pay the levy
You can pay the community infrastructure levy in the following ways:
- click on your housing estate in the above table and pay with a credit card
- visit our Civic Centre offices in South Morang
- download the Credit Card Authorisation Form and submit it to us by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail: Locked Bag 1, Bundoora MDC 3083
- fax: 9409 9890
- mail a cheque (made out to City of Whittlesea Council) to:
Strategic Planning and Design
Locked Bag 1
Bundoora MDC 3083
Mernda Villages Community Infrastructure Levy
The majority of Mernda Villages requires a payment of $196.30.