Skip to main content
We have developed a master plan for the future Hawkstowe Recreation Reserve, in the north east corner of the intersection of Plenty Road and Gordons Road, South Morang.
Endorsed by Council, the master plan provides for the future planning and construction of:
- 2 competition-sized football / cricket ovals
- 2 competition-sized soccer fields with spectator mounding
- sports pavilion and social gathering space, servicing both football and soccer sports ovals with access via a dedicated car park
- a junior level playground
- sufficient shared parking servicing the sports pavilion and ovals
- cricket practice nets
- improved entry to River Gum Picnic Area
- car parking directly fronting the southern oval
- extensive passive open space and planting areas
- path connections to adjoining regional trail networks within the greater Plenty Gorge Park
- retention of site significant trees such as scattered River Red Gums
- internal and linking path system to associated facilities and external trails
- wetlands and water sensitive urban design to treat stormwater run-off from the site
The future Hawkstowe Recreation Reserve includes a total area of 13.3 hectares and is next to Plenty Gorge Park and the nationally significant Morang Wetlands to the north and east.
The south east portion of the recreation reserve will directly border the Parks Victoria-managed Hawkstowe Park River Gum Picnic Area.