Skip to main content
We adopted the Master Plan for Thomastown and Lalor Shops (Accessible PDF – 9MB) on 13 December 2011.
The Master Plan includes street improvements to shopping areas (better seating, shelters and bike facilities), how these will happen and a timeline of when they are likely to happen.
It is based on the following 8 key directions:
- improve access to and around shops
- provide social gathering spaces to encourage social interaction
- improve the overall appearance of the shops
- improve access to car parking
- increase safety
- encourage a better relationship between the shops and the community precinct
- provide centrally located public toilets
- improve the quality/ variety of the shops