Skip to main content
Pay a planning infringement notice

Pay a planning infringement notice

As the responsible authority, we are required by law to enforce the Whittlesea Planning Scheme.

We investigate reported breaches of the Whittlesea Planning Scheme, planning permit conditions, the Planning and Environment Act, and Section 173 agreements.

Enforcement will occur when there is a clear breach, especially if it causes detriment to the community.

We aim to obtain compliance rather than prosecute offenders, but punishment for some types of offences may be necessary as a deterrent.

Our compliance process includes:

  • verbal warning of a breach
  • letters confirming the breach and requesting action (escalating)

Pay a Planning Infringement Notice

If you have been served a Planning Infringement Notice, you can pay in the following ways:

  • pay in person at our Civic Centre in South Morang
  • pay by mail to City of Whittlesea, Locked Bag 1, Bundoora MDC VIC 3083

For more information about planning enforcements in the City of Whittlesea, call us on 9217 2236.