Amendment C213 to the Whittlesea Planning Scheme - Epping Renewal Site: 215 Cooper Street, Epping
Amendment C213 is a proposed change to the Whittlesea Planning Scheme to facilitate the rehabilitation and future development of the former Epping Quarry land at 215, 315W and 325C Cooper Street, Epping.
The amendment will provide new planning controls to guide the future development of the land for a mixed use development comprising of employment, health services, housing and open space.
What area does the amendment apply to?
The Amendment applies to land at land shown below. The Amendment predominantly applies to 215 Cooper Street, Epping. This land is the former Epping Quarry site which was previously used for quarrying and landfill activities which ceased almost 20 years ago.
The Amendment also applies to adjoining land at 183-189, 315W and 325C Cooper Street which requires planning scheme anomalies to be rectified. The Amendment does not propose changes to the surrounding residential or commercial properties.
What changes are proposed?
The amendment proposes the following changes to the Whittlesea Planning Scheme:
- Rezones the subject land to facilitate the mixed use development of the land. The land will be rezoned from Industrial 3 Zone to part Commercial 1 Zone, part Special Use Zone and part Mixed Use Zone.
- Rezones land along the Edgars Creek corridor to protect the creek and enhance environmental values and conservation.
- Applies the Environmental Audit Overlay to part of the land.
- Applies the Development Plan Overlay to the land.
- Updates the flooding provisions applying to the land.
- Rectifies planning scheme anomalies applying to the subject and adjoining land.
Amendment C213 is currently being exhibited until 22 March 2018.
To view amendment documents click on the tab below.
Make a submission
If you would like to make a comment on the proposed changes to the Planning Scheme, it is important that you make a submission in writing either via:
Mail: Chief Executive Officer
City of Whittlesea
Locked Bag 1
Bundoora MDC VIC 3083
The closing date for submissions is 22 March 2018.
To be part of the next stage of the amendment process, please include your postal address and note Council’s reference file number ‘192273’ with your submission.
Please note that submissions are part of an open public process. If you choose to make a submission, you consent to your submission being made public and being identified as the author of the submission.