The amendment will provide new planning controls to guide the future development of the land within the Urban Growth Boundary (UGB) in order to allow for future residential development and further facilitate the assemblage of the Quarry Hills Regional Parkland
What area does the amendment apply to?
The amendment applies to land at 65W and 70W Regent Street as shown below. This land is currently utilised by Findon Pony Club for club related facilities and activities.
The amendment does not propose changes to the surrounding residential properties or Quarry Hills Regional Parkland.
What changes are proposed?
The amendment proposes the following changes to the Whittlesea Planning Scheme:
- Rezone the land at 70W Regent Street from Public Park and Recreation Zone to General Residential Zone (Schedule 1)
- Rezone the land within the Urban Growth Boundary (UGB) at 65W Regent Street from Rural Conservation Zone (Schedule 1) to General Residential Zone (Schedule 1)
- Apply the Development Plan Overlay (Schedule 37) to land at 65W Regent Street.
- Retain the Development Plan Overlay (Schedule 5) to land at 70W Regent Street.
- Apply the Vegetation Protection Overlay (Schedule 1) to part of the land.
- Remove the Significant Landscape Overlay (Schedule 2) from part of the land.
Amendment C228 is currently being exhibited until 11 November 2019.
The amendment can also be inspected free of charge at the City of Whittlesea Civic Centre, 25 Ferres Boulevard, South Morang.
Make a submission
Any person who may be affected by the amendment may make a submission, it is important that you make a submission in writing either via:
Mail: Chief Executive Officer
City of Whittlesea
Locked Bag 1
Bundoora MDC VIC 3083
The closing date for submissions is 11 November 2019.
Please note that submissions are part of an open public process. If you choose to make a submission, you consent to your submission being made public and being identified as the author of the submission.
For further information on the Amendment please contact City of Whittlesea’s Strategic Planning and Economic Development Department on 9217 2170
Please note that amendment C228 is a separate planning process to the proposed Development Plan application also currently out on exhibition affecting 55 Regent Street, Mernda. For further information on the Development Plan application please contact City of Whittlesea’s Strategic Planning and Economic Development Department through the contact details listed above.