What area does the amendment apply to?
The Amendment affects the following two properties:
- 1455a Plenty Road, Mernda; and,
- 1470 Plenty Road, Mernda.
What changes are proposed?
The amendment proposes the following changes to the Whittlesea Planning Scheme:
- Application of a Public Acquisition Overlay (PAO) to facilitate the acquisition of land for the Mernda Regional Recreation Reserve and the construction of the intersection of Plenty Road and the future Everton Drive.
Specifically, the Amendment proposes to:
- Amend Planning Scheme Map 13 by applying the Public Acquisition Overlay to parts of the two aforementioned properties;
- Applies a Public Acquisition Overlay (PAO4) to land required for open space purposes;
- Applies a Public Acquisition Overlay (PAO15) to land required for road purposes; and,
- Amend Clause 45.01 – Public Acquisition Overlay – Schedule to include PAO15 “Acquisition by Whittlesea City Council for the purpose of a road.”
Exhibition took place between 10 March 2021 and 16 April 2021. The amendment documentation is available online.
Make a submission
Submissions were due by 16 April 2021 and have now closed.
For further information on the Amendment please contact City of Whittlesea’s Strategic Planning and Economic Development Department:
Telephone: 9217 2170