If you hold a minimum Certificate III in children's services, working as an Family Day Care Educator can be a rewarding and fulfilling career option:
Being a Family Day Care Educator can be a very rewarding career option.
But it’s important to consider whether this option is suitable for you and your family. Please consider the following:
- Your home must be maintained to a professional standard inside and outside
- Family members must assist in maintaining safety standards at all times
- Your home becomes a workplace and must be shared with the children and families using your service
- Your children will be sharing toys, equipment and time with you
- Any changes to the home, like renovations, must be discussed with the coordination unit to ensure it’s appropriate for Family Day Care
- There is to be no smoking or alcohol consumption in the home while Family Day Care children are present
- You must work additional hours outside of your care times to complete administration tasks
- You must also attend professional development training outside work hours.
We conduct a thorough recruitment process to ensure all our Educators provide high-quality childcare service.