Our Cultural Heritage Grants provide funding of up to $750 to groups and organisations to assist in developing projects that promote the local history and cultural heritage of the City of Whittlesea and its residents.
We invite submissions from community groups and organisations who wish to participate in the diverse expression of ‘living heritage’ through events that celebrate, inform and engage the broader community with local history, culture, heritage and traditions.
The objectives of the Cultural Heritage Grants are to fund the development and delivery of activities and events that:
- contribute to an understanding of the local history and of the diverse cultural heritage of the area and its people
- engage our residents in meaningful ways
- empower communities to tell their own stories
- advocate for the protection of local heritage sites and environment
- are innovative, sustainable and accessible.
The 2019 Cultural Heritage Grants program dates are as follows:
Applications open - Monday 3 December 2018
Applications close - Friday 18 January 2019
Projects must take place between 1 February and 30 June 2019
To be eligible for a grant, applicants cannot have received any funding from the City of Whittlesea for the same project within the 2018-2019 financial year.
For complete eligibility and assessment criteria please read the 2019 Cultural Heritage Grant Guidelines.
How to apply
Apply online at whittlesea.smartygrants.com.au/