Skip to main content

Support and emergency relief services

There are a number of community service agencies and organisations that provide food and material aid (including baby/children's needs), assistance with legal matters (including bills and fines), education expenses and other support services in the municipality.

Local support services

There are different agencies in the City of Whittlesea who offer support.

Community Activation and Social Isolation Program (CASI) offers social, emotional and practical support. Call Hiba 9401 6697 Monday to Friday 9am until 5pm.

Whittlesea Community Connections offers information and support including Community Legal Service, Emergency Relief and Casework. Call them on 9401 6644 between 9am until 1pm Monday to Friday.


Food and material aid

Find out more about the services available.

View the Whittlesea Community Connections Emergency Relief calendar.

Babies and Children

Big Group Hug provides material relief to vulnerable families including clothes, nappies.


Encompass Care provides material aid including food. 

Infinity Church - emergency food relief

Countrywide Community Missions - food relief

Hope Centre - food hampers

Sikh Community Connections - supporting international students and Sikh and Indian communities

ADRA - food hampers

From us 2 you - helping with fuel, power and work expenses

Heavenly Feast Revival Church Australia - food hampers in the Epping/Lalor area

Family Violence Support Services

There are a variety of supports available for people experiencing family violence.

If you are in immediate danger, call the police on 000 

Financial Support

National Debt Helpline - Free financial counselling

Contact Whittlesea Community Connections on 9401 6644 on Monday to Friday from 9am until 1pm for assistance.



Hardship relief

From Council

Council's COVID-19 Financial Hardship Policy provides relief to residents and businesses in the City of Whittlesea who are unable to meet their payment obligations to Council because of the impacts of the pandemic. This includes rates and other fees/charges.

Contact us on 9217 2170 for more information or you can read the policy online or apply online.

Read more about the policy.

Other agencies

Victorian Government concessions.

The Victorian Government offers concessions to a variety of people to help with housing, water, energy, health, education and transport costs. Read more about concessions on the DHHS website. You can also read their concessions guide.