Skip to main content

Council Services FAQs

Information on council services during COVID-19 and current restrictions.

Frequently Asked Questions

Caring for our ageing community and people living with a disability is a high priority for the City of Whittlesea.

We are adhering to all government and health advice about coronavirus (COVID-19) to ensure essential services to these residents are delivered in a way that keeps our community and our staff safe and healthy.

Will I still get my delivered meals?

Delivered meals are continuing as normal.

To find out more about these services phone our Intake Officer on 9407 5935.

Can I still access home support?

This service is continuing as normal. 

To find out more about accessing assistance around the home, contact our Intake Officer on 9407 5935.

Can senior’s clubs still meet?

Senior's Clubs can meet online. 

LEAP Senior's Golf Program is paused.

Will rangers still collect my pet if it gets out?

Yes our animal ranger services are still operating. 

How can I register a new pet?

Download the form and submit via email or post or come in to our service centres.

Are dog parks open?

Yes, dog parks are open. 

Is Epping Animal Welfare Facility open?

Yes, for collection only but you'll need to book an appointment - please call 8401 6600.

How do I contact the Building and Planning Team?

Many of our building and planning services can be accessed via this webpage. You can also email or post your building or planning application to us at Locked Bag 1, Bundoora VIC 3083

If you have any difficulties, please phone 9217 2170, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm or email

Are Council meetings still going ahead?

Yes, Council Meetings are being conducted online. 

Watch the Council Meeting live using the City of Whittlesea YouTube channel.

Have Council events been cancelled?

Due to COVID-19 restrictions, several Council events have been postponed. Please check our events page for information on rescheduled and upcoming events

Are citizenship ceremonies still happening?

All Citizenship ceremonies are postponed at this stage. No in-person gatherings permitted. More information will be provided shortly.

Is the immunisation service running?

Yes. Immunisation is a critical service for our community. We will continue to provide immunisation sessions across the City of Whittlesea. However, strict rules that have been imposed by the Australian and Victorian government on good advice from health experts means that some of our venues are not appropriate for this service. As a result, we have made some changes that will ensure we continue delivering for our community.

How are immunisation services changing?

  • All bookings for public immunisation sessions are now done online
  • When you attend your session, social distancing measures will be enforced.
  • Some changes have to been made to the immunisation timetable.

Why have these changes occurred?

The City of Whittlesea, like most organisations, is adapting to the effects of COVID-19.

Immunisation is a critical service and we are making some changes to the way we conduct our public sessions to ensure we can keep our community and our staff safe.

What additional measures are in place at the venues?

Once you arrive at the venue, you will be asked to wait in your car until your appointment time.

  • One parent or guardian to accompany a child for their immunisation appointment during the pandemic
  • QR code to be scanned on entering the building
  • Masks are mndatory

Please do not attend an immunisation session if you or your child:

  • is unwell in any way

Workplace immunisation

Community immunisation is our priority. To ensure we can meet these needs as best we can, we have suspended our flu vaccination service for workplaces. You will still be able to receive a flu vaccine, once they are available, at a community immunisation session.

Even though community centres are shut, you’ll still be able to access them for immunisation sessions.

Read more about public immunisations sessions.

Are kindergartens open?

Childcare, family day care and kindergartens are closed but open to vulnerable children and the children of authorised workers if they cannot be supervised at home.

More information is available on the Victorian Government's webpage.

How do I enrol my child in kindergarten?

Enrolment can be made by email, online or phone. Visit this webpage for more information.

All libraries will be open for Click and Collect during the current lockdown. 

What is the current status of Maternal and Child Health services?

  • All appointments after the 8 week key age and stage visit have been moved online.
  • Your MCH nurse will call you at your appointment time.

If you are concerned, please call the 24-hour MCH line on 13 22 29. 

Is there an app I can use?

There is an excellent Maternal and Child Health App you can download which allows you to plot your baby’s growth and weight. Your MCH nurse will be able to talk you through using this. 

Here's more information about the app:

How do I make a payment?

Most payments can be made on this webpage or by posting a cheque or money order.

Building and planning payments can be made over the phone: 9217 2259. 

Are playgrounds and skateparks open?

Playgrounds, outdoor skateparks, parks and outdoor gym equipment are open. 

Are sportsgrounds open?

Sportsgrounds are open for exercise. 

Is mowing and gardening still continuing?

Yes, Council is continuing to provide essential services including maintaining our City, this includes mowing.

Is Thomastown Recreation and Aquatic Centre (TRAC) open?

Thomastown Recreation and Aquatic Centre (TRAC) is currently closed in line with COVID restrictions.

Is Mill Park Leisure open?

Mill Park Leisure is currently closed in line with COVID restrictions.

Is my kerbside collection still continuing?

Yes, it is an essential service. 

Is the rubbish tip still open?

No, the tip is closed to residential customers.

What about bundled branch and hard waste collections?

There is no change to our hard waste collection service at this time. This service will be provided. 

Return to the coronavirus information menu