To prevent and prepare for emergencies we:
- Prepare and maintain a Municipal Emergency Management Plan in conjunction with local emergency services
- Implement and enforce relevant local government legislation (e.g. planning, fire, health and building)
- Provide education and support in order to improve community resilience
- Collaborate with other Councils in the North and West Metro region to improve our capacity and capability to respond to an emergency
- Identify and assess hazards, and undertake appropriate preventative measures
- Prepare a Municipal Fire Management Plan.
During an emergency we:
- Have a 24/7 capability in place to coordinate necessary agencies and resources to support response and relief needs during a non-major emergency
- If required, activate a Municipal Emergency Coordination Centre to coordinate response agency support, relief and recovery activities
- If required, open an Emergency Relief Centre for displaced residents to provide relief and/or recovery
- Assist with the distribution of emergency warnings and information through our Facebook page
- Assess the impact on the community, and provide support for activities such as hazardous tree removal, waste removal, animal welfare and personal support
- Support and empower the affected community in its long-term recovery.
Use links in preparing for emergencies: