Children’s school crossings are placed at locations to help children safely cross the road, especially on their way to/from school. Some of these crossings also feature pedestrian-operated signals, where required.
Apply to become a school crossing supervisor
We are often seeking new school crossing supervisors to responsibly supervise school crossings during short morning and afternoon shifts.
We will be recruiting for future positions in the Mernda, Doreen and Epping/Wollert areas.
To be considered for this important job you need to:
- be medically fit
- have your own transport
- be of good character
- relate well to children
- be able to talk to children's parents and teachers
- be available to work for 1.5 hours per day, generally between 8-9am and 3-4pm on weekdays during school terms
- able to obtain a Working with Children Check
Understanding the rules at school crossings
Drivers must take responsibility for parking safely at all times, especially around school crossings.
When driving near school crossings:
- please keep the children’s crossing clear
- parking is not allowed within 20m before a school crossing or 10m after the crossing (unless otherwise signposted). Parking within this area makes it difficult for children and the crossing supervisor to get a clear view of the road.
- It is illegal to double park your car (ie. you are not allowed to stop next to a parked car).
If you have any issues with parking near your local school, contact us.