Closest landfill - Hanson’s Wollert
Hanson's Wollert Landfill is open to the public. The facility will accept card only (no cash), and will record, but not physically hole punch rates notice vouchers.
Please also note that the 2019/2020 waste and recycling vouchers will be accepted until 31 August 2020.
Although the facility is open, please consider if your visit is essential or can wait until circumstances change. Do not attend if you are unwell, and ensure you follow physical distancing rules while at the facility.
55 Bridge Inn Road
Wollert VIC 3750
P: 9408 1299
Open: 7am to 4.45pm Monday to Friday and 7am to 3pm Saturdays.
Cost and discount entry
For current prices and opening hours, visit the Hanson Landfill website.
- You must present your original and current rates notice to use your waste and recycling vouchers. Instalments or amended notices will not be accepted.
- Waste and recycling vouchers are not transferable or for commercial use.
- The home owner must be present when dropping off materials and using vouchers.
- Photo I.D must be presented at the time of using vouchers.
- A $30 State Government Landfill Levy charge still applies.
- Vouchers expire on the 31 July each year. *Please note that the 2019/20 waste and recycling vouchers will be accepted until 31 August 2020.
- All waste and recycling facilities are privately owned and operated.
Wollert Landfill accepts the following items for disposal:
- broken furniture
- general household garbage
- building rubbish
- insulation material (must be double bagged and sealed)
- mixed loads
- car parts
Wollert Transfer Station accepts the following items for recycling:
- televisions, printers and computers
- car batteries
- cardboard and paper
- scrap metal
- motor oil (up to 20 litres)
- plastic bottles and containers
- steel and aluminium cans
- hot water systems
- refrigerators/old whitegoods
- tyres (charges apply)
- mattresses ($36 fee applies)
- household appliances with a cord or battery including TVs, computers, laptops, computer accessories, printers, kettles, toasters, vacuums, blenders, battery operated kids toys or tools
Wollert landfill does not accept:
- fluorescent light globes, household batteries, mobile phones and accessories, cameras and accessories, printer cartridges and x-rays
- household chemicals including oil, paint, cleaning products, fertilisers and car care products
- any kind of liquid waste
- gas bottles
Find out how to dispose of different household items.
The following other sites also accept car and trailer loads of waste.
Campbellfield VIC 3061
P: 9359 3813
Opening hours: Monday to Sunday: 8am - 4pm
Nillumbik Transfer Station
290-304 Yan Yean Road
Plenty VIC 3090
P: 9436 3555
Opening hours: Monday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 8am - 4pm
Darebin Transfer Station
Reservoir VIC 3073
P: 9230 4799
Opening hours: Monday to Sunday: 8am-3.30pm
Cover trailer and vehicle loads
All trailer and vehicle loads must be covered with a tarpaulin and properly secured for the safety of other road users, and to prevent littering.
If any material falls from your vehicle or trailer, you may receive a Council fine. If the littering occurs from an uncovered or unsecured load, you may also receive a much larger court-imposed fine.
This applies to loads that contain loose household garbage, hard and green waste, building materials, mulch, sand, soil and any other materials.
Tie your tarp securely with rope and make sure that items cannot blow or bounce out if you drive over a bump or brake suddenly.